Can QuickBooks really handle my business needs?
QuickBooks was once thought of as a glorified check register, but it is so much more! QuickBooks is a robust accounting and business information system. It can handle all of your accounting needs from payroll to vendor, customer and job tracking.
Why should I use QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is an extremely adaptable accounting software that fits the needs of most small- to middle-sized businesses. It can meet all of your accounting needs such as invoicing customers, receiving and paying bills from vendors, tracking inventory items, paying employees and subcontractors, downloading bank and credit card information, and so much more. QuickBooks also contains an extensive selection of business reports that can be customized to let you know exactly how your business is doing at any given time. Finally, QuickBooks is designed to grow with your business and offers features useful for a small start-up company, but can be enhanced to better meet the needs of a large business organization.
Why should I use a QuickBooks ProAdvisor (Intuit Solution Provider)?
Our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are trained to help you unwrap the power of your QuickBooks accounting. We know QuickBooks inside out and can help you make it track your finances in ways you have always dreamed of.
Why should I use Classes in QuickBooks?
Class accounting is a unique feature in QuickBooks that allows you to add and track another dimension to your accounting. Have you ever wanted to know profit by department, location, partner or other aspect unique to your business? Classes in QuickBooks are designed to do just this for you.
Can QuickBooks handle my job costing?
QuickBooks can handle the job costing needs of most businesses. From a home builder to an architect, QuickBooks is designed to track the profitability of every phase of your job down to the line item detail.
How can I customize QuickBooks for my business?
QuickBooks is the number one used accounting product by small businesses in America. This means that there are numerous software packages that have been written to add-on to your QuickBooks to meet your needs. Do you want to track the location of a vehicle in your fleet, keep track of materials used while on the job, clock your employees in by fingerprint, or complete sales while at a trade-show? "There is an App for that". Additionally our trained staff can use a variety of database tools to help you design or integrate your own custom application.
What is the difference in pricing between QuickBooks Online and the desktop versions of QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Online charges a monthly subscription price, whereas other QuickBooks products are a one-time purchase. The main differences between the two models are that QuickBooks Online is always updated, and includes automatic upgrades and product support at no extra charge.
What are the differences between QuickBooks Online Simple Start, QuickBooks Online Essentials, and QuickBooks Online Plus?
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start – Allows you to track your income and expenses, send estimates and invoices, download transactions from your bank and credit cards, print checks and record transactions, back up your data online automatically, access your data from a smart phone or tablet, invite up to two accountants to access your data, and includes 20+ built-in business reports.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials – Includes all of the features of QuickBooks Online Simple Start plus the ability to set up invoices to automatically bill on a recurring schedule, manage and pay bills from vendors, enter bills and schedule payments for later, compare your sales and profitability with industry trends, control what your users can access, includes 40+ built-in business reports, and allows up to three users to simultaneously use QuickBooks Online.
- QuickBooks Online Plus – Includes all of the features of QuickBooks Online Essentials plus the ability to create and send purchase orders, track inventory, prepare and print 1099s, give employees and subcontractors limited access to enter time worked, track billable hours by customer, create budgets to estimate future income and expenses, categorize income and expenses using class tracking, track sales and profitability for each of your locations, includes 65+ built-in business reports, and allows up to five users to simultaneously use QuickBooks Online.
Can I convert my existing desktop version of QuickBooks to QuickBooks Online?
Yes. You can import your QuickBooks Basic, Pro or Premier Edition file into Online Plus or Online Essentials. You'll have the opportunity to import your desktop data as many times as you wish within the first 30 days of signing up. Your existing QuickBooks desktop data will convert to comparable features in QuickBooks Online where applicable. When comparable features do not exist (such as customer or vendor types), the data will not be converted. Currently, QuickBooks Online does not support imports directly from third-party applications, though it is possible through a multi-step process.
Can I add optional features to QuickBooks Online later?
Yes, you can add any features to your QuickBooks Online service at any time such as QuickBooks Online Payroll and Merchant Services (additional fees apply).
What is included in the QuickBooks Online subscription?
QuickBooks Online includes: Full use of the features of the particular version of QuickBooks Online, automatic upgrades to your selected version at no extra cost, and secure storage of your data. You can add optional features at any time for an additional monthly fee.
What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Online?
Minimum System Requirements
- IBM-compatible 450 MHz computer with 128MB RAM
- Windows XP or MacOS X
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- Internet connection
- For Windows users: Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher is required for printing invoices, checks, and other forms (Adobe Reader is available for free download).
With QuickBooks Online, can I get a copy of my data on my hard drive?
Yes. You have the option to download a copy of your data and keep it on your own computer (known as a local copy). This gives you the added comfort and control of storing the data yourself as well as having us back it up.
What are the differences between QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions?
- QuickBooks Pro – Allows you to track your sales and expenses, create estimates and invoices, print checks, pay bills, track expenses, create deposit slips, track sales, sales taxes, and customer payments, set individual user permissions to control access to sensitive information, download bank and credit card transactions into QuickBooks, and allows up to three users to simultaneously use QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Premier – Includes all of the features of QuickBooks Pro plus industry-specific features that allow you to do tasks unique to your industry quickly. QuickBooks Premier allows you to invoice multiple customers for time and expenses in one batch, access your inventory items all in one place with the Inventory Center, attach and store documents in the Document Center, track your balance sheet by class (i.e., location, department, or profit center), bill clients progressively by job phase, and allows up to five users to simultaneously use QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions – The most advanced QuickBooks. Includes all of the features of QuickBooks Premier and much more. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions is designed for businesses managing more complexity and has enhanced reporting options, the ability to add on advanced inventory and advanced pricing features, and the ability to have up to 30 users simultaneously using QuickBooks.